The forensic experts involved in postmortem and identification of passengers and crew have said it would take time for them to finish the task.
According to forensic expert at Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Kathmandu Dr Harihar Osti, the expert team handed over the dead bodies of the airline’s crew members to their families Friday morning, Nepalnews reported.
A team led by Cabinet Secretary, Tashi Phuntso, is in Nepal since Thursday to collect the dead bodies of 18 citizens killed during the Tara Air aircraft crash.
The Government on Thursday announced that it has arranged a special helicopter to bring the relatives those killed during the crash to Kathmandu on Saturday until postmortem and identification are over.
Prime Minister Jigmi Y Thinely said, the government would arrange free travel and accommodation for them during their stay in Nepal.
Meanwhile, King Jigme Khesar Wangchuck offered a thousand butter lamps at the Tashichodzong on Thursday morning in memory of the victims, the Kuensel reported.
According to the report, three-day long “holy puja” for the departed souls and are their survivors being arranged in all the 20 dzongkhags starting from today.
According to the Kuensel, one person Kinley Namgay was luck to miss the plane and Sherab Wangmo had traveled in his name.
Nepal’s assurance for investigation
The Government of Nepal assured Bhutan that it will carry out a thorough probe into the aircraft crash and make a detailed report available.
In a condolence massage sent to the Government of Bhutan, Prime Minister of Nepal Madhav Kumar Nepal said, his government is fully committed in investigation of the cause behind the mishap.
DNC-D asks govt to provide compensation
The Druk National Congress –Democratic (DNC-D) said the party whole heartedly mourns the departed souls of the 18 unfortunate Bhutanese pilgrims who lost their lives during the spiritual pilgrimage.
The party President Thinley Penjore, in a condolence message sent to Bhutan News Service, said, “We pray that their soul find the Buddha field and extend our heartfelt condolence to all the bereaved family members in their respective homes.”
DNC-D also expressed gratitude to the Government of Nepal for efficient search works.” We appeal Bhutan to adequately compensate the bereaved members of the family, who lost their lives in the foreign land.”
List of passengers to be on board Tara Air:
- Lt Col Tshewang Rinchen (Rtd), Wangdue
- Aum Dema (wife of Tshewang Rinchen)
- Thinley Rinchen (Son of Tshewang Rinchen)
- Kesang Wangmo sister of Aum Dema
- Karma (Lam), Wangdue
- Phub Pem, Nyisho, Wangdue
- Samdrup, Nyisho, Wangdue (Accountant with the Center for Bhutan studies), son of Phub Pem
- Phub Gyelmo, Phadekha, Wangdue
- Tshering Wangmo, Talo, Punakha
- Dorji Bidha, Talo, Punakha, sister of Tshering Wangmo
- Pema Wangmo, daughter of Dorji Bidha
- Sangay (Lam), Gaselo, Wangdue
- Kunzang Dorji, owner of Gyelyong enterprise, Thimphu
- Kelzang, Hebisa, Punakha
- Lhazin Wangmo, Hebisa, Punakha (Student of Motithang HSS, Class XI, Science)
- Sangay Bidha, Hebisa, Punakha
- Tshering Yangki, Yangtse, Trashi Yangtse
- Sherab Wangmo is suspected to have travelled in place of Kinley Namgay