The Druk National Congress (DNC) has expressed its heartfelt condolence on the ill-fated Tara Air aircraft crash’s human casualty.
“This is something that should have never happened in our life,” DNC Chairman, RK Dorji, said in a statement issued Thursday. “Every Bhutanese is a part of the sorrow the families of those who have lost their lives are undergoing now.”
Meanwhile, Chairman of Bhutanese Movement Steering Committee, Tek Nath Rizal, said the ill-fated incident of Tara Air Twin Otter with 18 Bhutanese pilgrims aboard on December 15 is a sad and heartbreaking news for all including the Bhutanese citizens in exile in Nepal.
A statement issued by Rizal today morning said, “I am highly saddened by this incident where 18 of my fellow-countrymen, three Nepalis and a foreigner have lost their valuable lives,”
He further mentioned, “At this hour of grief, I on behalf of Bhutanese citizens in exile would like to extend my heartfelt condolence to the families of those who have lost their lives in the incident.”
Rizal also mentioned that he was equally thankful for the Government of Nepal and all rescue teams for their immediate rescue efforts to find the missing aircraft.
Names of those who died in the crash
- Lt Col Tshewang Rinchen (Rtd)
- Aum Dema (wife of Tshewang Rinchen)
- Thinley Rinchen (Son of Tshewang Rinchen)
- Kesang Wangmo (Daughter of Tshewang Rinchen)
- Samdrup (Accountant with the Center for Bhutan studies)
- Kuenzang Dorji (Owner of Gyelyong enterprise)
- The names of those yet to be identified are:
- Phub Gyelmo
- Phub Dem
- Lhazen Wangmo
- Sangay Bidha
- Tshering Yangki
- Dorji Bidha (From Babesa)
- Pema Wangmo (Daughter of Dorji Bidha)
- Tshering Wangmo ( Daughter or niece of Dorji Bidha)
Source : Kuensel