A ten member cabinet of ministers for the new government is announced a few hours ago, which comprised of all the news faces in running daily affairs of nation.
According to The Bhutanese, a private newspaper, Tshering Tobgay has shown a careful move to pick the cabinet members to represent all constituencies in a balanced way.
While three MPs elected from Southern Bhutan are taken to the cabinet, five are from the East including the speaker. Central and western region are represented to the cabinet with one minister each from Gasa and Wangduephodrang. The prime minister is from Haa.
DN Dhungyel from Pugli-Samtse constituency, Rinzin Dorji from Sarpang and Ngeema Sangay Chenpo from Kalikhola-Tashiding constituency in Dagana are chosen as ministers to represent the south.
Likewise, Dorji Choden fromThrimsing and Norbu Wangshuk from Kanglung-Shamkhar-Udzorong represent the largest constituency from Trashigang. Both Norbu and Dorji Choden had joined PDP after their party DNT got disqualified in the primary round election.
The speaker, Jigme Zangpo is from Mongar while Deputy speaker Chimi Dorji is from Punakha.
Tshering Tobgay’s facebook page has become the pioneer media to announce the list of cabinet ministers, and National Assembly speakers.
List of ministers and speakers:
- Damchoe Dorji – Minister for Home and Cultural Affairs
- Norbu Wangchuk – Minister for Economic Affairs
- Mingbo Dukpa – Minister for Education
- D N Dhungyel – Minister for Information and Communication
- Rinzin Dorji – Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Dorji Choden – Minister for Works and Human Settlement
- Ngeema Sangay Chenpo – Minister for Labour and Human Resources.
- Yeshey Dorji – Minister for Agriculture
- Tandin Wangchuk – Minister for Health
- Namgay Dorji – Minister for Finance
- Jigme Zangpo – Speaker, National Assembly
- Chimi Dorji – Dy. Speaker, National Assembly